Over the past decade more and more organizations have recognized the importance of the project management approach to meeting organizational goals, increasing productivity and optimizing resource utilization. The practice of project management is now widely accepted in business, industry, and all levels of local, regional and central government. Supervisors, middle managers and executives in both public and private organizations are now, more than ever, actively engaged in project, program and portfolio management.
Organisations across the globe recognise project management discipline as one of their top 10 management priorities. Organisations and individuals alike have come to rely upon professional certification as a reliable method of substantiating knowledge and experience (PMi®).
“Leaders in the industry and around the world, recognize PMP® certified individuals as subject matter experts who are fully qualified to lead a project to a successful conclusion”, Craig Smith PMP – Senior Project Manager Boeing.
Upon completing this skills program, the delegate should be able to apply the following general and cross-cutting areas of learning, as well as specific areas of learning:
You Will Learn How To:
· Prepare to pass the PMI CAPM or PMP exam while completing the required 35 contact hours
· Navigate PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition process groups and knowledge areas
· Analyse the tools and techniques of the PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition processes
· Align your knowledge with PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition
· Create self-study plan to focus your efforts on your exam date
· Agile – the basics
Workshop Activities Include:
· Taking daily PMP-style practice exams and cross-referencing answers to PMBOK® Guide
· Charting Input-Process-Output (IPO) diagrams
· Mapping PMBOK® Guide knowledge areas and process groups
· Developing a personalized exam-preparation study plan
· Participating in activities to apply and practice your new knowledge
The programme's dynamic and highly interactive format will engage participants in examining:
· Project risk assessment alternatives
· Stakeholder relationships
· Internal and external customer needs
· Project team leadership essentials
· Organizing multiple projects
· Project quality management systems, including HSE and construction regulations
· Scheduling, controlling and negotiating
· Project performance contracts.
· strategic planning approaches
Ø Course Content breakdown:
Aligned to the new PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition
Section 1: Introduction to projects and project management.
Section 2: The Environment in Which Projects Operate
Section 3: The Role of the Project Manager
Section 4: Project Integration Management
Section 5: Project Scope Management and the Work Breakdown Structure
Section 6: Project Schedule Management
Section 7: Project Cost Management
Section 8: Project Quality Management
Section 9: Project Resources Management
Section 10: Project Communications Management
Section 11: Project Risk Management
Section 13: Project Procurement Management
Section 14: Project Stakeholder Management
Section 15: Professional and Social Responsibility
Who should attend?
|Dates and Times:||
|Venue:||CESA Training Centre, Paulshof, Johannesburg , Paulshof|
R 12 750.00 excl. VAT
|CESA Validation Num:||CESA-915-09/2019|