The breadth of business, educational, and organizational information in existence today is absolutely staggering. Organizations the world over rely on this information to make sound decisions regarding all manner of affairs. But with the amount of available data growing on a daily basis, the ability to make sense of all of that data is becoming more and more challenging. Fortunately, the days of performing calculations and analysing data on paper are pretty much gone. By applying the robust functionality that's built into Excel to your organization's raw data, you will be able to gain a level of insight into that data that would have been nearly impossible just a couple of decades ago. Excel can help you organize, calculate, analyse, revise, update, and present your data in ways that will help the decision makers in your organisation steer you in the right direction. Of course, knowing exactly how to ask Excel the questions that you need answered, which questions you can even ask, and how to interpret the answers Excel gives is necessary before you can even begin to embark on the journey ahead. This course aims to provide you with the foundational Excel knowledge and skills necessary to begin that journey.
EXCEL: BASIC FUNCTIONALITY REVIEWED
The prerequisite for this section is that students have at least a very basic working knowledge of Excel.
The review of the following basic concepts is purely to revisit basic concepts and to ensure that all students start at the same level once the intermediate section is started
· Navigating the Excel User Interface
· Using Excel Commands
· Creating and Saving a Basic Workbook
· Entering Cell Data
Session Performing Calculations
· Creating Worksheet Formulas
· Inserting Functions
· Reusing Formulas
Session Modifying a Worksheet
· Inserting, Deleting, and Adjusting Cells, Columns, and Rows
· Searching for and Replacing Data
· Using Proofing and Research Tools
Session Formatting a Worksheet
· Modifying Fonts
· Adding Borders and Colours to Worksheets
· Applying Number Formats
· Aligning Cell Contents
· Applying Styles and Themes
· Applying Basic Conditional Formatting
Session Printing Workbooks
· Previewing and Printing a Workbook
· Defining the Page Layout
Session Managing Workbooks
· Managing Worksheets
· Managing Workbook and Worksheet Views
· Managing Workbook Properties
The above revision is done during the morning of the first day
INTERMEDIATE EXCEL SESSION
At the end of the section, students will be able to:
· Customize the Excel environment.
· Create advanced formulas.
· Analyse data by using functions and conditional formatting.
· Organize and analyse datasets and tables.
· Visualize data by using basic charts.
· Analyse data by using PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts.
Session 1: Customizing the Excel Environment
· Configuring Excel Options
· Customizing the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
· Enabling Excel Add-Ins
Session 2 Creating Advanced Formulas
· Using Range Names in Formulas
· Using Specialized Functions
· Using Array Formulas
Session 3: Analysing Data with Functions and Conditional Formatting
· Analysing Data by Using Text and Logical Functions
· Applying Advanced Conditional Formatting
Session 4: Organizing and Analysing Datasets and Tables
· Creating and Modifying Tables
· Sorting Data
· Filtering Data
· Using SUBTOTAL and Database Functions
Session 5: Visualizing Data with Basic Charts
· Creating Charts
· Modifying and Formatting Charts
Session 6: Analysing Data with PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
· Creating a PivotTable
· Analysing PivotTable Data
· Presenting Data with Pivot Charts
· Filtering Data by Using Slicers
All of the above topics are interspersed with practical exercises to enable delegates to get the required hand on experienced for the office environment
Who should attend?
o 1st & 2nd line managers,
o Accounting staff,
|Dates and Times:||
|Venue:||CESA Training Centre, Paulshof, Johannesburg , Paulshof|
R 4 589.47 excl. VAT
|CESA Validation Num:||CESA-1619-07/2022|